Silicone Scar Treatment Stick – Clinically Proven to Reduce the Appearance of Old & New Scars – Easy Glide-on Applicator, 17g
Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula is another potent formula for the scar reduction. This silicone-based scar treatment, recommended by plastic surgeons and physicians. So far, silicone scar treatment methods provided the highest effectiveness during clinical trials, this is why such products are becoming more and more popular among customers.
Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula by Biodermis is a fully encapsulating silicone formulation, suitable for the facial area, neck, elbows, hands, arms, feet and ankles. It is effective on all types of scars, resulting from surgery, trauma, wounds, and burns. The formula is made of Medical Grade Silicone in a combination with Vitamin E.
Each product contains 17 g (0.60 oz) fragrance and dye-free substance in a convenient package.
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the pros and cons of Pro-Sil®?
- 2 Is Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula good?
- 3 Ingredients and their effects on your skin
- 4 How to apply Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula?
- 5 Does Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula really work?
- 6 In-depth analysis of the reviews available
- 7 How much does Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula cost?
- 8 Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula alternatives
What are the pros and cons of Pro-Sil®?
- Suitable for both old and new scars, including hypertrophic and keloid scars
- Proven effective in the treatment of scars, resulting from surgery, acne, trauma, wounds, cosmetic procedures, C-sections, cuts, and burns.
- Convenient package
- This formula is hypoallergenic, suitable for people with sensitive skin
- According to the product presentation, the product is easy to use and comfortable to wear
- Suitable to use on children
- The formula is proven by the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD)
- The product does not leave a sticky residue
- Multiple comments say that the product is very effective on old scars
- Several customers consider the price of the product too expensive
- According to reviews, it doesn’t seem to last long if your clothing is coming in contact with it
Is Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula good?
This is another Silicone-based treatment option, aiming to reduce and improve the appearance of both newer and older scars; both hypertrophic and keloid scars. Depending on the size and the location on the scar, the treatment period varies but customers report that the silicone scar stick is usually enough for 30 days treatment.
We have chosen this product among many others, because of its impressive reputation – products with such positive reviews and great customer satisfaction rate can be rarely seen. This one, however, appears to have the potential of a really effective scar removal treatment.
Ingredients and their effects on your skin
Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula contains only 2 ingredients:
- Silicon (medical grade) – is important for optimal collagen synthesis and activation of hydroxylating enzymes, improving skin strength and elasticity; this is an ingredient preventing water loss by forming a hydrating barrier on the skin; it is widely used in cosmetics due to its beneficial properties when applied to the skin; non-toxic ingredient
- Tocopherol – a form of Vitamin E; skin-conditioning agent and antioxidant
How to apply Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula?
Wash the area affected, then dry it thoroughly. Apply the product to the scar and try not to cover it the first 3-5 minutes. Repeat the same procedure every day, at least twice a day for optimal results.
The complete treatment period takes for 8-12 weeks or until scar stops responding.
Does Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula really work?
As we mentioned above, this product has a very promising Online performance – a significant number of customers had great results after the treatment with Pro-Sil®.
- Someone, who had a visible improvement with Pro-Sil® was asked to show the formula to his surgeon:
This is better than what the surgeon sold in his office. The scars healed so good with this product the surgeon asked us to bring it in so they could carry it in his office
- Another satisfied customer that the effect of this treatment will not come immediately, but will definitely impress you:
This works well- takes time but makes a difference. I scar easily and have used this after having several procedures on my face. It worked so well you can barely see the scar
- There’s one more comment, saying the product is way more effective after consistent use:
This really works, I’ve been using it consistently and I have noticed discoloration and decrease in my kiloid scars. I highly highly recommend it. It does work but don’t expect it to work if you aren’t consistent. The older or more severe the scars are, the longer you will need to use it.
- Let’s not skip the only two negative comments written bypeople who purchased the formula:
- A customer is not satisfied with the results obtained even after a prolonged treatment:
Doesn’t seem to have any affect. twice a day for two months
- Another one is not satisfied with the consistency of the product received:
The stick’s consistency is not smooth or slick enough to actually spread onto areas of scars.
In-depth analysis of the reviews available
In order to provide the most accurate information, we have analyzed the credibility of all the reviews available for this product via Fakespot, an analyzer of fake Amazon reviews. We wanted to find out what real users are saying about it.
The technology we used analyses millions of reviews, checking for suspicious patterns and incentivized reviews.
Below’s the result of Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula:
How much does Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula cost?
This product usually costs about $60 – this price can be considered acceptable – it is neither cheap nor expensive, compared to other formulas for scar treatment. It is available Online and you can also find it at plastic surgeon offices and burn centers (it is available there, as it is very potent and often recommended).
Pro-Sil® Patented Advanced Formula alternatives
We at SkinPractice are only trying to help you find the product, which will guarantee you the expected results. But if you consider Pro-Sil® ineffective, don’t like its’ features or something else, then don’t buy it – this is not the only scar treatment method on the market.
Instead, try to seek for the formula that will certainly serve your needs. You may want to check the list below – it shows some great products with promising features and positive customer feedback:
Everyone's skin is unique, and even if you have chosen the best product for your skin condition, the containing ingredients may still cause some irritation, burning sensation, rash or allergy.
Last update on 2018-06-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API