Advanced Silicone Gel for Scars, 1 Ounce
We are very intrigued by NewGel+E, a formula, developed by doctors, which is suitable for the treatment of all types of scars. What is impressive about this product is the fact that it contains only two ingredients, yet most customers consider it extremely effective.
Polymerized Siloxanes and Tocopherol – this is all you will get, which, apparently promises very impressive results in a short period of time.
Each tube contains 1 oz (30 gr) substance for the treatment of Keloids, Contracture, Hypertrophic and Acne Scars. The product can be used on all body parts (including the facial area).
Table of Contents
What are the pros and cons of NewGel+E?
- Silicone scar treatment is the favored treatment of medical experts in scar management
- There are clinical evaluations, proving the high efficacy of this scar management method
- The complete treatment period is no more than 8-12 weeks
- Multiple comments classify this product as the most effective scar treatment available on the market
- It is effective for both scar prevention and scar reduction
- According to customers, NewGel+E absorbs well (and quickly) into the skin
- The formula is suitable for the treatment of both newer and older scars It is effective on a wide variety of scars, including keloids, burns, and scars from trauma, hypertrophic procedures, cosmetic procedures, abdominoplasty, general surgery, C-section, and contractures
- The product can only be applied once the wound has completely healed
- There are customers who consider the gel too expensive
Is NewGel+E good?
The product seems to have a very good reputation among customers. Since it can be used on any external scar, it is a very suitable option for those, who have multiple scars (varying in types and sizes).
What customers like the most about this formula is the small ingredient list (similar products often contain more than 40-50 different ingredients, some of which have a proven harmful effect on the skin).
The comments customers wrote are mostly positive:
My little girl had open heart surgery at 3 months old. I started putting New Gel + E on her scar as soon glue came off her sutures. I took pictures of her progress at 3, 8 and 12 weeks. We are AMAZED!! Our cardiologist and pediatrician have both started using this product. Couldn’t be happier with the results.
Ingredients and their effects on your skin
NewGel+E contains only 2 ingredients:
- Polymerized Siloxanes (Polydimethylsiloxane) – also called dimethicone and is one of several types of silicone oil, this is an ingredient preventing water loss by forming a hydrating barrier on the skin; it is widely used in cosmetics due to its beneficial properties when applied to the skin; non-toxic ingredient
- Tocopherol – a form of Vitamin E; skin-conditioning agent and antioxidant
How to apply NewGel+E?
Carefully wash the affected area and dry thoroughly before the application of the product. Apply a thin layer of NewGel+E on the completely healed wound and gently massage. The product should be applied twice a day (in the morning and before bedtime) in order to obtain satisfying results.
The treatment period usually takes 8-12 weeks.
We at SkinPractice highly recommend performing a patch test to find out whether a skin reaction occurs due to the application of the product.
Does NewGel+E really work?
The overall performance of this product seems very promising. Negative reviews can be rarely seen, so let’s check what customers share about the effect of this formula:
- A customer who got the product by a plastic surgeon had very positive results, thanks to NewGel+E:
This stuff was prescribed by a plastic surgeon after a Bariatric Body Lift. It is amazing, minimized really old surgical scars and it flattened and lightened, and healed current scars. They healed faster and better when gel was applied.
- A 37 years old man who got severely injured during an equipment accident. He did not say whether the product is effective or not; he just attached before and after pictures, showing an impressive improvement (a huge, probably infected wound transforms into a small, barely visible scar)
- Someone compared this product to BioCorneum (being in the similar pricing range), another formula for the treatment of scars that recently got really popular among customers:
Best I’ve tried. Good consistency; dries quickly. My surgeon recommended BioCorneum but it was very thin, watery and never dried. This is much better.
- Here’s the review of another customer, who considers NewGel+E an excellent product:
Scar following skin cancer surgery has nearly vanished after only a few weeks of using the product.
However, there are people who are not satisfied with the results obtained or the product received. Here’s what they share:
- A customer received an expired product:
They have sold me an old product
I am very very sad
- Another dissatisfied customer, who ranked the product one star saw no improvement in the condition of the skin:
It didn’t make any difference on my scars. I used the whole bottle as recommended by the directions on the box. I saw no difference
In-depth analysis of the reviews available
In order to provide the most accurate information, we have analyzed the credibility of all the reviews available for this product via Fakespot, an analyzer of fake Amazon reviews. We wanted to find out what real users are saying about it.
The technology we used analyses millions of reviews, checking for suspicious patterns and incentivized reviews.
Below’s the result of NewGel+E:
How much does NewGel+E cost?
The price of the product seems higher compared to similar creams for scar management and this is the most disturbing feature regarding this gel, as reported by customers.
The product can be purchased Online or from your local store and the price (as expected) will vary, depending on where you buy it. Usually, Online is cheaper.
Everyone's skin is unique, and even if you have chosen the best product for your skin condition, the containing ingredients may still cause some irritation, burning sensation, rash or allergy.
Last update on 2018-03-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API