These DermaZinc products can be used both as a soap and a shampoo. They are supposed to relieve the itching sensation and the redness provoked by skin conditions such as seborrheic dermatitis, lichen planus, eczema, increased skin dryness, and psoriasis.
Each Soap bar contains 4.25 oz. product, containing Zinc Pyrithione (2%) as an active ingredient. Zinc Pyrithione is a well-known anti-fungal ingredient. The soap is expected to control the itching, redness, irritation, scaling, and flaking.
- For body and scalp area
- Relieves itching, irritation, and redness, associated with seborrheic dermatitis
- Helps eliminate dandruff
Table of Contents
What are the pros and cons of DermaZinc Soap?
- The products come in a pack of 3, which makes the 3rd product almost free
- These are medicated, hypoallergenic formulas for daily use
- They are gentle to the skin and, according to the producer, soothe all types of skin irritations and rashes
- The products are fragrance-free
- Although this soap is appropriate for application on the scalp area, it may leave a residue, depending on your hair type
Is DermaZinc Soap good?
Negative reviews emphasize on the fact that the product contains palm oil that “has environmental drawbacks that cannot be ignored”
Ingredients and their effects on your skin
The active ingredient in the formula, Pyrithione Zinc (2%), has antiseborrheic, antibacterial and antifungal properties. this ingredient also helps to prevent or relieve excessive scaling. In rare instances, this ingredient may provoke skin irritation.
Other Ingredients, containing in the products include:
- Palm Oil (skin moisturizer, containing Vitamin E, Vitamin K, CoQ10, Squalene, Phytosterols, Flavonoids, Phenolic acids, Glycolipids)
- Coconut Oil (softens the skin and helps loosen the scales)
- Deionized water (maximizes the shelf life of the products and also minimizes contaminants in the water)
- Sodium hydroxide (may cause severe burns with deep ulcerations)
- Glycerine (various research prove how beneficial glycerin is in conditions such as lichen planus, psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, and eczema)
- Zinc oxide (proven to help epidermal wounds, rashes, infections, and acne)
- Organic oatmeal (have a soothing effect on the skin; prevent psoriasis, eczema and lichen planus breakouts)
- Shea butter (provides softening and moisturizing effect)
- Cocoa butter (prevents skin dryness and peeling)
- Olive oil (provides deep moisturizing effect)
- Grapeseed oil (has antioxidant properties, provides a high amount of linoleic acid, which has been thought to reduce clogged pores)
- Salt (helps the skin retain its moisture and has antioxidant and anti-wrinkle properties)
- Vitamin E (has strong moisturizing and cleansing properties)
How to use DermaZinc soap?
Use it like you would use any other soap.
The soap can be used daily (multiple times, as needed).The directions say: Work up a rich lather using warm water and message, then rinse well.
Does DermaZinc soap really work?
Customers express a really positive attitude towards this product. Most of the people ranked it excellent or very good, and the comments are very promising as well.
- A customer who works in a restaurant and broke out with eczema has started using the DermaZinc soap and the problem disappeared completely:
My eczema is now all gone (It cleared up with diet changes, supplements and I never used steroids either!) However, I continue to use this to wash my hands and stock up so that I don’t ever run out!
- A seborrheic dermatitis sufferer shares a very positive experience using this product:
Immediately I saw results. After using 2 bars, my skin is still doing fine.
- These soap bars seem to be very effective for the treatment of excessive scaling affecting the face/scalp area:
God bless this brand and product. My face and scalp are back to normal within days of use.
Unfortunately, there are customers who did not find the soap helpful or their skin just got used to it and it is no longer effective
I believe that over time my skin became used to the zinc and the flakes started coming back.
In-depth analysis of DermaZinc reviews
The report below shows the trustworthiness of Amazon reviews, according to Fakespot computer systems:
How much does DermaZinc Medicated Therapy Soap 3 Pack cost
Having that a single product costs about $10 and a pack of 3 – less than $20, the offer can be considered beneficial for everyone with excessively dry, scaling or irritated skin.
Compared to similar soap bars, the price of these DermaZinc soaps is quite affordable.
- FOR USE AS SOAP OR SHAMPOO
- FOR RELIEF OF ITCHING, REDNESS, AND FLAKING ASSOCIATED WITH SEBORTHEIC DERMATITIS AND DANDRUFF
Everyone's skin is unique, and even if you have chosen the best product for your skin condition, the containing ingredients may still cause some irritation, burning sensation, rash or allergy.
Last update on 2019-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API