Psoriasis is a common chronic inflammation of the skin, which usually has periods of remissions and aggravations. The most common type of psoriasis has pronounced “plaques” that are pink or gray in color, covered with silver-white flakes.
These plaques may also cause local hyperpigmentation. The first symptoms may occur at different ages, but most often this occurs in young adults or about 50-60 years of age.
This condition is not associated with painful symptoms but is a disease causes severe discomfort and it may affect your self-esteem. Although it is an autoimmune disease, it is treated as a dermatological problem that affects parts of the skin surface.
There are both medicines and natural solutions for managing this condition. If you are a psoriasis sufferer, you have probably tried many creams and ointments promising great results but eventually even worsened your condition.
This is why we created our best psoriasis cream article, where you can find formulas with
- A clinically proven effect
- High satisfaction rate among psoriasis patients
- Ingredients that will not harm your skin
- Dermatologist recommendations
Table of Contents
Puriya Psoriasis Cream
- 180 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE BY PURIYA STORE ~ Amazon may not process refunds under certain...
- STOP SUFFERING. START RESTORING ~ Our Mother of All Creams does more than just provide instant...
- SAFETY INFORMATION~ #1. If you are allergic to chamomile (or related plants like ragweed,...
Puriya made it on our best psoriasis cream article because it is appropriate to use for various skin conditions and seems to had helped many people in their battles with psoriasis, urticaria, excessively sensitive skin, rashes etc. There are many patients who attached photos before and after and the results are really impressive. This psoriasis cream is heavy, so a little goes a long way.
A downside to this product is the peppermint fragrance as it is very likely to irritate the skin, although it depends on the individual:
“It has a very mild peppermint scent that is pleasant and not overbearing.”
A very recent review also informs
“The company issued me a refund for the product so there is no risk to you in giving it a try.”
and below every negative comment (note that such comments are very few) the company owner offers a full refund immediately, which is very impressive given that most companies do not offer any refund on their psoriasis creams.
Pur360 Tamanu Oil
- TRULY ORGANIC: In order to carry USDA organic certification, producers must adhere to strict...
- FINEST QUALITY: Pur360 Tamanu Oil is USDA Certified Organic, with the USDA symbol on the bottle....
- FOR SKIN: Pur360 Tamanu Oil possesses a unique ability to promote the formation of new tissue,...
“I bought this for my husbands psoriasis and it worked well when he used it.”“I ordered this product to help with my newly developed psoriasis. I put it directly on my scalp before going to bed about every other or every third night. I also put extra sheets over my pillow to protect it. This oil really helps moisturized my scalp therefore reducing the amount of “dandruff”. I will most likely order more!”
” Did not help alleviate my psoriasis — exacerbated it instead. I had an immediate reaction (redness and burning) and ended up with a terrible case of hives that lasted for three weeks. ““Didn’t help or ease my Psoriasis and the smell is unpleasant”
Obviously, most patients bought the product as an alternative to the more expensive essential oil blends, psoriasis creams or the medical treatment, but the product seems to be ineffective for some of them.
MG217 Psoriasis Tar Cream
- Effectively removes scales, relieves itching, flaking, redness and dryness while promoting healthy,...
- Intensive strength formula contains 20% coal tar solution USP (equivalent to 2% coal tar) -...
- Designed to retain the skin's natural moisture; no other moisture barriers such as plastic wraps are...
“gasoline smell”; “smell like an oil refinery”; “overwhelming smell”
” First couple days I was still itching but after a week I saw improvements, I get the occasional itch here and there but I’ve never had this much relief when using other itching products. The dryness and flakes on the tment here.affected area is gone as well. “
However, it will be best for you ti check the containing ingredients before purchasing the psoriasis cream as it contains Coal Tar ( an effective treatment for psoriasis and eczema, but it contains several carcinogenic compounds) .
Era Organics Psoriasis & Eczema Cream
- THE BEST ECZEMA, PSORIASIS & ROSACEA CREAM. Say goodbye to dry, cracked, itchy, painful skin....
- INSTANT AND LASTING ITCH RELIEF. Whether you suffer from Sensitive Skin, Eczema, Psoriasis,...
- SUPERFOOD FOR YOUR SKIN. Robust 15-in-1 cream for eczema and damaged skin. If you want the best...
Era organics has one of the top rated psoriasis creams online, it has great reviews and most patients are highly satisfied by the effect of the cream. While checking the containing ingredients, you will almost certainly notice that they are all skin-friendly (Organic Aloe Barbadensis Gel (Aloe Vera), Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butteretc.) which is extremely important for such conditions.
There are many positive reviews regarding the moisturizer effect of this psoriasis cream:
“Helps my psoriasis and the itching along with the body wash..”,”We have tried a million creams for my husband’s psoriasis on his feet and legs and by far this has been a miracle cream! The difference is astounding!”, “This cream softens my psoriasis flares and makes my skin less dry and itchy. Very soothing! “
Wild Naturals Eczema & Psoriasis Cream
- BE HAPPY IN YOUR OWN SKIN AGAIN - Wild Naturals lotion stops itching quickly, reduces pain, and...
- CHEMICAL-FREE RELIEF - Our organic 15-in-1 formula is perfectly pH balanced at 5.5 (just like your...
- MOISTURIZE & PROTECT YOUR SKIN - Our secret ingredient is a medical grade honey, found only in New...
“I’ve had psoriasis for 10 years now, and this is the only psoriasis cream that works better than topical steroids. My scalp psoriasis is more under control and the patch on my back is completely healed. “
” It takes a while to absorb into my skin.”
How to choose the most effective psoriasis cream?
There are different active ingredients that help the treatment of people with psoriasis. They mostly moisturize and help with the flakes.
Creams and emollients you can purchase over the counter help reduce flare-ups. Overall, heavy creams that capture humidity in the skin are the most effective.
Coal tar will help reduce the development of skin cells and turn your skin appearance a lot better. You’ll find it in numerous types, such as shampoo to lessen scalp psoriasis. A lot of those lotions and psoriasis creams can be found over the counter.
The down side of coal tar is that it can inflame your skin and in very hight dosages can be cancerogenic, according to studies. That is why you have to follow the direction and dosage listed on your product.
Steroid drugs (corticosteroids) help with irritation and decrease the flakes on the skin. They are available in various levels. For more sensitive spots like your neck, face and arm pits you need to buy a weaker psoriasis cream. For tough places like knees and elbows you will need a stronger steroid cream for better effect.
Psoriasis creams may also contain salicylic acid. It is used to remove scales and flakes that make psoriasis patches. Its exfoliationg effect can help other medications work better because it removes the dead skin cells.
Anthralin reduces the skin cells growth and reliefs irritation. It does not have any severe negative effects, but it can inflame the and stain sheets and clothing.
Everyone's skin is unique, and even if you have chosen the best product for your skin condition, the containing ingredients may still cause some irritation, burning sensation, rash or allergy.
- Organic Standards
- Coal Tar and Coal-Tar Pitch
- ALOE VERA: A SHORT REVIEW
- COCONUT OIL – COCOS NUCIFERA OIL
- Cocoa Bioactive Compounds: Significance and Potential for the Maintenance of Skin Health
- Manuka Honey Health Benefits
Last update on 2019-03-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API