Peterson’s Ointment exists on the market since the early 20th century. The purpose of the product is to provide immediate relief for the dry, irritated and itching skin. The ointment is very suitable for people with eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis, and other skin conditions, causing irritation and discomfort.
This enhanced ointment is an alternative to the prescribed corticosteroid fix options, without damaging the skin integrity and without the side effects that may follow corticosteroid topical creams.
Each container provides 3 oz or 89ml soothing ointment with a creamy consistency.
Table of Contents
- 1 Is Peterson’s Ointment good?
- 2 What are the pros and cons of Peterson’s Ointment?
- 3 Ingredients and their effects on your skin
- 4 How to apply Peterson’s Ointment?
- 5 Does Peterson’s Ointment really work?
- 6 In-depth analysis of Peterson’s Ointment reviews
- 7 How much does Peterson’s Ointment cost?
Is Peterson’s Ointment good?
We have decided to add Peterson’s Ointment to our article Best Eczema fix as those users who wrote reviews, are showing an extremely high satisfaction rate. More than 90% of them ranked Peterson’s Ointment as an excellent product for the successful management of various skin issues.
Multiple users are using this exact ointment for many years and are still happy with the effect:
This is the best cure all ever made!!! I’ve been using this since I was a kid…..over 40 years faithful to this product.
Unfortunately, the product is really hard to find nowadays and, according to the comments, Amazon is one of the very few stores where this ointment is still available.
<li>Provides a temporary relief for the dry, irritated and itching skin</li>
<li>Prevents infections, following minor burns, scrapes, and cuts.</li>
<li>Reduces the discomfort, associated with dry skin, eczema and other skin issues</li>
What are the pros and cons of Peterson’s Ointment?
- This ointment has a great reputation among users
- It was used by generations for various purposes, including eczema, psoriasis, jock itch, insect bites, skin burns, scrapes, hemorrhoids and cuts to provide immediate relief for the itching, irritated skin
- The product has a thick consistency, which makes it suitable for prolonged application
- The ointment is oily and may stain the clothes if not completely absorbed by the skin
- It is hard to find in stores
Ingredients and their effects on your skin
Peterson’s Ointment combines the following ingredients:
- Camphor 3% (an anti-itching ingredient; prevents infections; has a very strong anti-inflammatory effect)
- Phenol 2. 5% (a strong anesthetic; may provoke skin irritations and burns, here is how to treat burns)
- Tannic Acid 2. 5% (protects the skin surface from inflammations, caused by external irritants; astringent),
- Zinc Oxide 6. 6% (Astringent; proven to help epidermal wounds, rashes, infections, and acne; has a strong soothing effect on the skin),
- Beeswax (has a natural honey fragrance; has a moisturizing effect, has anti-allergenic properties, making it suitable for people with sensitive skin)
- Lavender Oil (a fragrance ingredient with very strong antiseptic and anti-fungal properties; may lead to severe skin irritation)
How to apply Peterson’s Ointment?
The ointment should be applied to the area affected as needed. Note that this product will provide temporary relief of the symptoms, associated with eczema, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis and other skin issues, provoking itching and irritation.
We highly recommend performing a patch test before the initial application of Peterson’s Ointment in order to avoid potential skin reactions.
Does Peterson’s Ointment really work?
Although it is not among the most popular products, available on the market, users just adore it. The reviews are extremely promising, the overall performance of Peterson’s ointment appears to be excellent.
- Here’s a satisfied user who shares an idea, regarding the name of this ointment:
They should change the name to miracle ointment!
- A woman, who has been using this ointment for years, says:
Excellent for any types of scratches, cuts, ingrown toenails, ingrown nails, cracks, sores, chapped lips, skin ETC… Helps speed up the healing process.
- Another eczema consumer also left a very positive and inspiring review, which shouldn’t be neglected:
Stays put, no overwhelming odor and lasts forever. Immediately calms inflamed skin.
The only complaint people have, regarding this product is the container: it used to be sold in a tin container, but now it comes in a plastic container.
In-depth analysis of Peterson’s Ointment reviews
The report below shows the trustworthiness of Amazon reviews, according to Fakespot computer systems:
How much does Peterson’s Ointment cost?
As expected, compared to 100 years ago, the price has increased and there are still lots of users who remember price tags from 40 years ago. Still, this multipurpose ointment is one of the affordable options on the market.
Unfortunately, the product can be only purchased Online, as brandstores don’t have it in stock anymore. The price of Peterson’s Ointment is usually around $30, if you purchase multiple ointments, you can save some money. For instance, you can find a pack of 2 Peterson’s Ointments for less than $50, so you can save around $10.
- Provides a temporary relief for the dry, irritated and itching skin
- Prevents infections, following minor burns, scrapes, and cuts.
- Reduces the discomfort, associated with dry skin, eczema and other skin issues
Last update on 2019-11-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API