Professional Grade Silicone Scar Treatment Sheets, 12 Count by ScarAway
These silicone treatment sheets are thought to promote scar healing without the need for invasive procedures such as surgical removal. The technology helps restore raised and discolored scars to a more natural color and texture.
Scar Away contains 12 reusable 1.5″ X 3″ silicone scar treatment sheets promoting skin hydration and tissue rejuvenation. These silicone sheets are specially designed to successfully cover the affected areas (they should be applied side-by-side for larger scars).
Table of Contents
- 1 What are the pros and cons of ScarAway Silicone Scar Treatment Sheets
- 2 Are ScarAway Silicone Treatment Sheets Good?
- 3 Ingredients and their effect on your skin
- 4 How to apply ScarAway Silicone Treatment Sheets
- 5 Do ScarAway Silicone treatment sheets really work?
- 6 How much do ScarAway Silicone Treatment Sheets cost?
What are the pros and cons of ScarAway Silicone Scar Treatment Sheets
- Silicone scar treatment still remains the favored treatment of medical experts in scar management
- Numerous clinical evaluations prove the high efficacy of this scar management method
- ScarAway Sheets are absolutely safe to use (even for nursing moms and those with drug sensitivities )
- The effect of this treatment is due to the patented Silone technology – it is used for the treatment of a wide range of clinical and consumer wound, scar or skin care products — as well as other medical and non-medical applications
- The sheets are very appropriate for flatten and fade hypertrophic (raised) and keloid scars
- ScarAway Sheets are suitable for scars resulting from surgery, injuries, burns, acne, cuts, insect bites, mole removal, biopsies, acne and more
- If applied properly, you will have a 12-week(3 months) supply
- Since everybody has individual skin characteristics, this treatment method is very effective for some but there are customers who did not obtain the results expected
- There are complaints about the price of ScarAway Sheets – multiple comments say it is too expensive
Are ScarAway Silicone Treatment Sheets Good?
These Silicone Scar Sheets are designed to improve the appearance of existing scars and prevent the formation of new ones. Their actual purpose is to shrink, flatten and fade hypertrophic and keloid scars, making them softer in just a few day. Visible reduction of the scar tissue can be expected within several weeks.
The only thing you must remember is that the sheets could be applied once the skin has healed.
There are loads of reviews about the product informing that the longer you use the product, the better results you’ll get. Many customers have attached before and after photos, showing very promising results. The silicone sheets are appropriate for sensitive skin, they won’t provoke any sort of irritation of discomfort. Customers also inform that:
„They can be reused once washed and air-dried.”
It is also important to check the expiration date before ordering the product because this type of complaints can be noticed quite often:
„This product was amazing from my local drug store, but the Amazon version must be old because the bandages would not stay on my scar.”
Ingredients and their effect on your skin
ScarAway sheets are made of a unique blend of silicone and Teflon® (PTFE), resulting in very thin sheets of soft & tacky silicone with significantly enhanced physical strength.
- Silicone scar treatments (commonly used in preventing scar formation and improving existing scar appearance)
- Teflon® (Polytetrafluoroethylene it is used as a binding agent and skin-conditioner; has softening and anti-aging properties)
*The ScarAway Sheets are latex-free, as latex may provoke severe allergic reactions including immediate itching, redness, and swelling of the skin that touched the item containing this material.
How to apply ScarAway Silicone Treatment Sheets
You should never apply these products on open wounds or unhealed or fragile skin. They can be only applied to preventing scars from forming on newly healed wounds.
First, you should wash and dry the affected area. Each sheet is lined on one side with Silicone – this side should be applied to the affected area. The other side is lined with silky smooth fabric.
Note that many scars may never disappear completely nor should you expect immediate results from the treatment!
If any sort of allergic reaction (rash, itching, burning sensation) occurs, discontinue the application of the product. It is highly recommended to consult your dermatologist in case of a negative skin reaction.
Do ScarAway Silicone treatment sheets really work?
The Online performance of ScarAway Sheets can be considered average since there are many customers who ranked the product 4,3 and 2-stars. Note that most of the customers did so because they did not obtain 100% effect of the treatment and their scars did not disappear completely.
However, let’s starts with the customers who are satisfied with their results:
- A lady who shares her heartbreaking story about being bitten by her husband got impressive improvement due to the ScarAway treatment, She included pictures of her impressive recovery:
I went to see a plastic surgery he told me he would not be able to fix my face, retur after a year, Thanks to Lord Jesus Christ who has answered my prayer through this silicone pad my face it’s getting better.
- A customer who bought these silicone sheets for the second time expresses a very positive attitude towards the product. She claims that they are indeed effective in reducing the sizes of existing scars. However, according to the comment, the silicone sheets:
have a hard time sticking to highly mobile skin like that on the neck after a few days
- A mother bought ScarAway for the large cut on her daughter’s face. She is surprised by the almost immediate effect of the treatment:
Strips are re-usable and we can see a noticeable difference after 1 week. The appearance and color of the scar has decreased. The height and thickness of the scar has decreased.
- Another satisfied customer considers the scar sheets very comfortable:
This item feels like cushion against scar and it stays pretty well.
- A customer with keloid scars under the armpit experienced occasional pinching sensation finally got the relief needed right after applying the silicone sheets:
The pricking sensations and irritation ceased right away.
According to the comment, the scars did not diminish in sizes, but their color significantly improved:
It does appear less angry-red color, more pink.
Unfortunately, the list of negative reviews cannot be ignored. The below list will show you the most important negative aspects customers complain about:
- There are customers who did not find improvement, even after long period of treatment:
No changes in 3 months of use.; I used it on a scar I had from high school and followed the directions to the tee, nothing changed.
- Some of the customers complain about skin reactions after the topical application of ScarAway Sheets:
Wanted this to work, but I believe I’m allergic. Broke out in dermatitis; caused rash after 1 day; caused skin irritation
- Lots of customers find it difficult or even impossible to secure the product on the affected area:
They wouldn’t stay on for long!; oses stickiness easily after a day of use when you use it with socks.; It doesn’t stay on
How much do ScarAway Silicone Treatment Sheets cost?
The price of this product seems acceptable, having that products aiming to reduce the appearance of scars usually cost more than the ScarAway Sheets. You can purchase the product from your local drug store or from an Online retailer (you may also find coupons on the Internet).