A facial peel is the next best thing (second only to facial exfoliants) that you can do to keep your skin youthful and radiant.
I am not referring to chemical-filled peels found in stores. Artificial ones are based on glycolic acid, one of the Alpha hydroxy acids. What it does is that it penetrates the skin incredibly well and then dissolves the lipids in the top layer of the skin so that the dead skin cells are removed and the new skin emerges.
It is a chemical and it can be an irritant.
There is a way to prepare a homemade facial peel that not only removes the layer of dead cells but also allows other ingredients that are a part of it to penetrate the skin instantly nourishing it and smoothing it out. Homemade peels are sometimes called home chemical peel with chemicals being natural ingredients.
Table of Contents
- 1 small cucumber (peeled and seeded)
- 2 ounces of chamomile tea (steeped and strained)
- 1 packet of unflavored gelatin
- 2 ounces of green tea (steeped and strained)
- 1 ounce of Aloe Vera Gel
- #1 HIGHEST QUALITY - Unlike most of "organic" aloe vera products sold in Amazon, our cold pressed...
- FASTER RESULTS - Our formula is one of the purest and strongest on the market. For that reason...
- NO UNCOMFORTABLE STICKINESS - made with 100% natural thickener (Seaweed Extract) instead of Xanthan...
✓ Pure cucumber until the mass resembles a paste
✓ Strain it through a sieve (gauze is fine) and reserve the juice
✓ In a saucepan, combine green tea, chamomile tea, and gelatin
Stir over low temperature until it dissolves
✓ Remove from heat and pour into a glass bowl
✓ Add cucumber juice and Aloe Vera gel
✓ Put in refrigerator for 25 minutes until the mixture starts thickening
✓ Spread the mix over the face and neck and leave to dry for about 20 minutes
✓ Peel the mask off and rinse off with warm water. Pat dry
Cucumber is naturally a powerful astringent that helps tighten the skin and smooth out the wrinkles and fine lines.
Chamomile and green tea work wonders with alleviating puffiness, and the Aloe Vera gel nourishes the skin providing it with moisture.
This mask can be used as a sunburn home remedy when applied 3 times a day.
Another great recipe is for is Papaya-based peel that removes the dead skin cells thanks to its enzyme papain. While it is a strong natural peel, this facial peel provides other ingredients that buffer the effect by soothing the skin and preventing any possible irritation.
- 1 papaya (peeled and seeded)
- 3 tablespoons of distilled water
- 1 packet of unflavored gelatin
- Endless versatility; use it for desserts, jams and jellies, salads and more
- Colorless and unflavored, so it won't affect the taste or color of your recipe
- Only 5 calories and 0g carbs per serving
✓In a saucepan, combine gelatin and distilled water and dissolve over low heat
✓ Blend papaya in the food processor or blender and then strain it saving the liquid
✓ In a smaller bowl, combine papaya juice and gelatin
✓ Keep refrigerated for 20 minutes so that the gelatin can set
✓ Spread the mix over the face and neck and leave it on for 15 minutes
✓ Rinse off using a soft cloth dipped in warm water
Last update on 2018-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API