Many people are constantly asking how to get rid of the annoying pimples or reduce the scars they leave, so we created a list of the acne spot treatment products that provided positive effect for most acne sufferers.
The most effective acne spot treatments
Bad breakout? Dermatologists say these effective spot treatments to heal your zits quickly.
Topical acne spot treatments can rapidly and efficiently assist in the skin’s recovery process, diminishing present acne and keeping the scars away. However, it is hard to figure witch is the most effective pimple treatment method, so we asked several dermatologists to get their expert opinions. Below are five good acne spot treatment products that dermatologists recommend.
- FOR FACE AND BODY. Non-foaming cleanser helps treat and prevent moderate to severe acne in teens and...
- MAXIMUM-STRENGTH FORMULA. Contains 10% benzoyl peroxide, an ingredient proven to kill acne-causing...
- DERMATOLOGIST-TESTED. Evaluated for safety, using RIPT standards, at an independent laboratory.
Humane rapidly kills bacteria and helps prevent future breakouts. It is not recommended for people with sensitive skin, as it is quite aggressive. It is Benzoyl Peroxide-based  which is often is used to treat mild to moderate acne.
More than 70% of all the customer’s reviews available claim that the product is very effective. The product is fragrance-free, which is well received by the customers, as this way skin irritation may be avoided. A remarkable number of people (both teenagers and adults) have posted excellent comments and have included before and after photos of their improvements as well.
There are also many positive comments about the service received:
” Also, the company is great my pump came broken and I contacted them and they sent me a replacement right away! “
Negative comments inform that the face and body wash “Can dry it out but use a good moisturizer afterward.”
- Designed to help clear acne blemishes
- Dermatologist tested
X Out acne treatment product is very popular on the Internet, although it has impressively bad performance (considering its’ rating and reviews). Almost 40% of all people who have purchased this product report that they did not obtain satisfying results.
The treatment includes a 2.5 oz Wash-In Treatment (benzoyl peroxide-based) and a 1 oz. Spot Corrector.The product description says it wouldn’t dry out the skin but most product reviews inform that this is the most common adverse effect after the application of the product as well as skin peeling.
“I have very oily skin and even with that, it dried out my skin so badly that it was disgustingly flakey. “
I rarely run across so many negative reviews about a skincare product, so you should have that in mind before ordering this particular treatment combo.
- Creamy and light, this anti acne face cream uses only the best most potent natural anti-acne...
- Grapeseed Essential Oil is an effective moisturizer that balances surface oils, evens water...
- Jojoba Oil is a natural emollient (softens & moisturizes skin) that has a similar chemical structure...
The product can be applied as a daily moisturizer and used under makeup. The comments inform that it absorbs well into the skin, not leaving it greasy. What you should expect is a tingling sensation right after each application (this is due to the tea tree oil containing in the product).
After checking the ingredients list (Peppermint Water, Aloe Oil, Tea Tree Essential Oil, Pink Grapefruit Essential Oil, Spearmint Essential Oil, Grapeseed Essential Oil, Vitamin E, Peppermint Essential Oil, Lemongrass Essential Oil, Jojoba Oil), you may be expecting mostly positive comments as well as high rating.
The truth is that the product actually has an average rating but the comments say that is a very effective acne spot tratment if you want to get rid of your acne flare-ups:
“I’ve been using this for a couple weeks now and it has definitely made a huge difference. I’ve always had consistent acne that would especially flare up right before my period. Now I only have one mild pimple on my face and it’s fading away too!”
There is a considerably small number of negative comments, which usually suggest the application of similar products.
- Acne treatment system, containing one 5.1-ounce bottle of salicylic acid acne treatment cleanser;...
- Everything you need to help stop the acne cycle and get consistently clear skin; breakthrough...
- Contains the dermatologist's choice of acne medicines without a prescription, including salicylic...
The therapy systems contain one 5.1-ounce bottle of salicylic acid acne treatment cleanser; one 1.7-ounce bottle of SPF-15 lotion; and one 1.4-ounce bottle of benzoyl peroxide lotion (8.2 total ounces) at a very reasonable price.
It is Benzoyl peroxide and salicyl acid  -based treatment and is considered effective according to more than 50% of all customers. Unfortunately, loads of people find the products very aggressive and not suitable for sensitive skin:
“The products are very harsh, even though my skin isn’t normally sensitive to skin care products.”
There are loads of comments informing that only one of the 3 product containing in the Neutrogena Therapy has a positive effect on the skin:
“Unfortunately this is sold as a complete pack so not possible to buy individual products.”
- BREAKTHROUGH TREATMENT FOR MODERATE TO SEVERE ACNE - Clinically proven 95% effective. Neutralyze...
- REDUCES REDNESS & IRRITATION TO VISIBLY IMPROVE COMPLEXION - Neutralyze is based on multi-patented...
- EFFECTIVE ON VARIOUS ACNE RELATED & OTHER SKIN ISSUES - Eliminates cystic acne, pimples, zits,...
This is one of the best rated acne spot treatments online, containing Neutralyze® Clearing Serum (1 Ounce) + Neutralyze® Synergyzer (1 Ounce) which could be applied on the face, back, chest, shoulders and/or body.
Comments say that the product has a very positive effect for both teen and adult acne. The Mandelic Acid  is a superficial peel commonly applied in people of various age groups. As it is mild and does not cause any side effects, they are also often used in treating mild to severe acne flare-ups.
The review below represents a very common situation among acne sufferers:
” I have cystic acne and I am a picker leaving awful scars and spots. When I started this treatment my face was so bad even with makeup on top you could see how ugly my skin was. It’s been 4 days and my skin has improved about 60%”
Only 4% of all customers saw no difference after using the products. You should also note that unlike other products provoking skin dryness and further acne flare-ups after the application, this one provokes no side effects.
Here is a great video that describes what you need to know when choosing the best acne spot treatment for your type of skin.
Everyone's skin is unique, and even if you have chosen the best product for your skin condition, the containing ingredients may still cause some irritation, burning sensation, rash or allergy.
- Guidance for Industry Topical Acne Drug Products for Over-the-Counter Human Use —Revision of Labeling and Classification of Benzoyl Peroxide as Safe and Effective
- Salicylic acid as a peeling agent: a comprehensive review
- Mandelic acid is amazing against blackheads and acne
Last update on 2019-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API