When it comes to skincare, especially facial care, benefits of honey application are multiple.
Honey is a strong anti-inflammatory agent that prevents infections and reduces the existing ones when applied to the problem or sensitive skin type.
- Raw, unpasteurized and Non-GMO Project Verified Manuka Honey
- New Zealand superfood, great taste - smooth and creamy
- Sourced, packed and labeled in NZ for genuine, unadulterated quality
In wound treatment, honey is perfect for preventing possible infection as well as cleansing and speeding up the recovery of a wound.
It also has antibacterial properties if used for the preparation of body scrub recipes that cleanse the body and leave it bacteria-free.
When combined with coconut oil, it serves as a great base for a hydrating mask after which the skin feels moist and nourished.
- Sourced From Fresh Coconuts for Added Potency - Our oil is sourced from coconuts grown in the...
- Purest Form Preserves Nutrients - Each jar is unrefined, organic, and cold-pressed in order to...
- Packed With MCTs for Weight Management - The MCTs in coconut oil help your body burn up adipose...
Benefits of honey are even more when it is added to other beneficial ingredients.
Here are a few examples:
Pumpkin honey mask
- 4 tablespoons of peeled pumpkin
- 4 teaspoons of corn flour
- 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel
- 2 teaspoons of mashed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon of green tea
- 1/2 teaspoon of sunflower oil
Prepare green tea and let it rest a bit. While that is cooling down, combine pineapple, honey, pumpkin, and aloe gel. Add to that sunflower oil and then green tea. Mix well.
Apply the mix on the face and neck and leave on for 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water and pad dry. This amount is enough for 4 applications.
Keep it in a glass jar, tightly closed and refrigerated. It is not to be used after 2 weeks.
Japanese face mask
- 100 gr of honey
- 100 gr of flour
- A bit of milk
Combine flour and honey, and gradually add milk. Add enough milk to make the mass creamy.Apply on the face and let it rest for 20 minutes. Rinse off with warm water (or cooled chamomile tea).
Hawaii face mask
- 1/2 of ripe papaya
- 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 2 teaspoons of green tea.
Put green tea in boiling water and let it rest a bit. Peel the papaya and remove the seeds. Mix papaya and peeled pineapple in a blender or food processor until the mass is consistent. Pour everything in a bowl and add honey and green tea.
Apply the mask on clean face (you could use a facial steam to remove impurities). Apply the mask on the face and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse the face with warm water and pat dry.
This mask can be used within a week, simply keep it in a glass jar, tightly closed and refrigerated.
Honey glycerin mask
- 1 teaspoon of glycerin (alternatively, use 3 teaspoons of Vodka but do not add water)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 2 teaspoons of water.
- 1 teaspoon of wheat flour.
Combine all the ingredients and apply it in a thin layer on the face. Leave it on for 20 to 25 minutes.This mask is to be used 2 times a week. It is recommended for dry and normal skin type.
Oily skin honey parsley mask
- 4 teaspoon of honey
- 1/4 of a cup of chopped parsley.Combine the two and apply on the face.
This recipe yields one application.
Anti-aging honey mask
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of glycerin or vegetable oil.
Combine all the ingredients and apply on the face. It should stay on the face for at least 30 minutes, the longer the better. Rinse off with warm water.
Relaxing honey mask
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- Oatmeal or wheat
Combine honey and sour cream. Add oatmeal or wheat until the mass thickens. Apply it on the face and neck and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
Return from benefits of honey to skin care recipes and remedies
Last update on 2018-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API