These two avocado facial mask recipes were given to me by my friend Joan who spends most of her time gardening, exposed to the sun on a daily basis.
Benefits of avocado are numerous: it is filled with monounsaturated fats, Vitamin B and Vitamin E, nutrients excellent for moisturizing and rejuvenating dry or tired skin. Additionally, there is almond oil known as a strong emollient or moisturizer.
Table of Contents
Avocado Face Mask for Dry and Sensitive Skin
- 1 avocado
- 3-4 drops of almond oil
- 100% PURE - Our sweet almond oil is unscented, undiluted and contains no added ingredients. Tested...
- TOP GRADE ALMOND - Unlike bitter almonds, our almond oil is pressed from the sweet almond tree,...
- SKIN & HAIR SOFTENER - Sweet almond oil nourishes skin and hair and can be added to your daily...
Peel and mash avocado and add almond oil until the mass is consistent.
Apply to face while massaging it gently.
Let it rest for 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Before you move on to the next mask, here is avocado trivia for you:
Can you answer this? Is avocado a fruit or vegetable? It’s a fruit For some reason, I always thought it was a vegetable.
On to the next facial mask:
Moisturizing Avocado facial mask recipe
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon of apple vinegar
- 1 egg white
- 3 teaspoons of olive oil
- Conditioning spray oil
- Keeps braids soft and shiny
- Conditions hair and scalp
Peel and mash avocado and start adding the rest of the ingredients. Egg white should be beaten before you put it in.
When the mass is done, apply to face and wash off after 20 minutes or so.This mask provides great moisture for skin, making it soft and elastic.
I alternate using both of these masks weekly and really like the results that I get. I also recommend them to all my friends who like sun tanning, they are an excellent way to replenish the moisture of the skin after a long day in the sun.
If you are not into facial masks, check out a rich, creamy avocado body scrub.
Avocado body scrub recipe
Avocado body scrub recipe is a less known body scrub because honey body scrub is so popular.
This is a shame because avocado is a wonderful moisturizing agent. It is full of Vitamin E that restores the production of collagen.
What it is best known for is the presence of monosaturated fats that add nourishment and moisture to the skin without adding grease or fat to it.
See how it can be used to make a facial mask for the dry and sensitive skin. Added to this scrub’s properties are the anti-inflammatory influences of oatmeal and an effective emollient influences of almonds.To prepare an Avocado body scrub you will need:
- 1 ripe, mashed avocado (peeled and pitted)
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of dry oatmeal
- Gluten Free from Farm to Fork
- High protein and fiber
- Ingredients: raw whole grain rolled oats
Coarsely grind the almonds
Put on a muslin mitten and place it in the mix of almonds and oatmeal
Scoop up some avocado
Rub the body with this mixture
Rinse off with warm water and pat dry
The next scrub is based on sea salt and apricot oil. Salt exfoliates the skin and removes the dead skin cells, while apricot oil goes behind it and heals and moisturizes the skin.
Apricot salt body scrub
- 1/4 cup of apricot kernel oil
- 2 cups of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of mashed ripe avocado
- ⭐️50% OFF TODAY - APRICOT KERNEL OIL PREMIUM QUALITY: 100% Pure Cold Pressed, Natural, Organic,...
- ⭐️MOISTURIZER AND HEALS DRY SKIN FACE & HAIR - naturally freshens, hydrates and softens dry...
- ⭐️RICH IN VITAMIN E, NATURAL FATTY ACIDS, MINERALS, OMEGA 6 - Natural prime antioxidant...
Preparation and use
Take a shower before you start with this
Combine the salt, avocado, and oil into a paste-like mass
Scoop up the paste and apply it on your body, using circular motion the whole time
When done, rinse off with warm water and pat dry
Use a moisturizer (body lotion) for best results.
Last update on 2018-04-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API